3.3. General information about settings and adjustments
The name "control" in the present manual is meant as not separately taken procedure of correction of the car, any of parameters of systems, and the whole complex of the adjustments allowing to achieve maximum efficiency of return of the engine.
If the owner of the new car from the date of its acquisition strictly adhered to the Schedule of routine maintenance (see the Schedule of routine maintenance), rather often carried out checks of critical parameters, supported the required level of lubricant liquids, the engine will need extremely seldom performance of additional service and recovery repair (over replacement subject to the increased wear of components and expendables).
On the other hand, in case of the negligent relation to performing procedures of regular maintenance and frequent violation of established periods of conducting checks, efficiency of return of the engine will surely decrease sooner or later. The probability of emergence of such situation in case of acquisition of the car which was in the use is especially high. In such cases there is a need for performance of a complex of settings of the power unit over amount of works on routine maintenance of the car.
The first step at control or diagnostics of malfunctions working with the lowered return of the engine always is check of compression pressure in cylinders which analysis of results allows to estimate the general condition of internal components of the engine and to draw up the plan of the forthcoming adjusting and/or recovery work. For example, if check of compression pressure revealed signs of serious internal wear of the engine, there will be not enough usual complex of settings to correct a situation, and its carrying out will be waste of time and means. In view of the value of information obtained as a result of check of compression pressure, its performance should be charged to rather skilled and qualified mechanic having necessary diagnostic units.
Lists of the main adjusting procedures allowing to restore efficiency of return of the engine which is in a working mechanical order are given below.
The scheme of an arrangement of the components of a motive compartment which are subject to check
List of the minimum complex of checks and adjustments
- Check levels of all liquids concerning operation of the engine;
- Make cleaning and check of a condition of the rechargeable battery;
- Check a state and effort of a tension of driving belts, in case of need make necessary adjustment;
- Check a condition of all hoses located in a motive compartment;
- Make check of a state and service of components of the cooling system;
- Check a condition of the filtering air cleaner element;
- Check a condition of VV of candle wires, a cover and the runner of the distributor;
- Check installation of turns of idling, in case of need make the corresponding adjustment.
List of a full complex of checks and adjustments
In addition to the listed above checks:
- Make replacement of spark plugs;
- Check adjustment of turns of idling;
- Make replacement of the filtering air cleaner element;
- Replace a cover and the runner of the distributor;
- Make replacement of VV of candle wires;
- Check serviceability of functioning and a condition of components of a power supply system.