2.5.16. Care of the car and operation in the conditions of winter
In order to avoid freezing of locks pump special anti-icer or glycerin in keyholes from time to time. If it was not succeeded to avoid freezing, heat a key before introduction it in a keyhole.
With approach of a cold season when temperature of air can fall below 0th °C, the cooling system of the engine should be filled with antifreeze on the basis of ethylene glycol — for more details see the Head of the Cooling system and heating.
Discharge of water from the cooling system
At refusal of operation of the car in winter season in the cooling system it is necessary or to fill antifreeze, or to completely remove water from a cooling path — drain gates are located under a radiator and on the engine block. Before starting operation of the car do not forget to fill the cooling system (see the Head Routine maintenance).
Care of the rechargeable battery
At the insufficient level of a charge of the rechargeable battery in frosty weather there is a risk of freezing of electrolyte. Regularly check a state and level of a charge of the battery, in case of need you make its service and recharge — for more details see the Head Routine maintenance.
Wheels and tires
As a spare wheel use only the wheels recommended as the spare wheel for all-wheel drive models.
The structure of a protector of tires of a summer design is urged to provide optimum coupling with a dry paving, however with the advent of frost and snow efficiency of functioning of such tires considerably decreases.
With approach of a winter season it is necessary to install all-weather (ALL SEASONS) tires, or MUD & SNOW tires (dirt and snow) on wheels. On all four wheels of the all-wheel drive car winter tires of an identical standard size have to be installed.
Additional strengthening of quality of coupling with an ice-covered covering is provided by snow tires which however are forbidden to use by the legislation of some countries and certain regions.
At the movement on the dry or humidified firm paving snow tires provide much the worst coupling with the road, than not studded.
In need of overcoming mountain barriers in winter season there can be a need for application of wheel chains — before a trip make sure that chains according to the tiporazmerny characteristics answer a design of the wheels installed on your car.
Chains have to be put on only back wheels!
Use only the chains approved associations of engineers of automotive industry (SAE). At installation of chains strictly adhere to the instruction of manufacturers, in case of need apply special natyazhitel. Free trailer links of a chain have to be properly fixed or removed in order to avoid injury of wings, wheel arches and the bottom of the car. Whenever possible try not to overload the car, move with a small speed.
At departure on the road with a normal covering remove chains.
Use of road chains is forbidden by the legislation of some countries and certain regions.
Special winter equipment
With approach of winter season constantly you keep such necessary devices in the car as:
- Scraper and rigid brush for removal of snow and frost from glasses and screen wipers;
- Strong flat board for a podkladyvaniye under a jack heel;
- Shovel for clearing of snowdrifts and snow drifts;
- Reserve of frost-resistant liquid for washing of glasses.
- Damp ice (at a temperature about 0 °C), strongly cooled snow and ice promote considerable deterioration in coupling of wheels with a paving. At the movement in similar conditions observe extra care, avoid sharp accelerations and braking. Whenever possible try to leave from a garage only after the road is processed by ice or is powdered with sand!
- Remember that sharp acceleration and braking by the engine can lead to loss of coupling of wheels with the road!
- Monitor observance of a safe distance to ahead the going participants of traffic — remember that in winter season length of a brake way in an essential measure increases!
- Try to snatch out beforehand a look sites of local frosting of a paving. In advance you brake at approach to snow-covered sites. At the movement on ice avoid braking and sharp maneuvering!
- Remember that темпостат it is not intended for use at movement along roads with a slippery covering!
The device of preliminary warming up of the engine (if it is established)
The device is intended for preliminary warming up of the engine for the purpose of simplification of its start in very frosty weather. Advice on the car equipment such adaptation can always be got at company car repair shops Infiniti.
The device of preliminary warming up of the engine has to be connected only to the electric chains equipped with the grounding tire. In case of use of transitional adapters, the last also have to be equipped with the grounding plug!