4.15. An order of dismantling of the engine by preparation it to capital repairs
Scheme of an arrangement of hinged units
Design of the block of cylinders
It is the simplest to carry out dismantling of the engine, having installed it on the portable assembly stand. Such adaptation can always be borrowed rather cheap in a workshop of car service. Before fixing the engine at the stand, it is necessary to remove from it a flywheel / a driving disk.
If an opportunity to use the stand is absent, dismantling should be made, having placed the engine on a strong workbench, or having reliably arranged it on a firm floor of a garage. During the work without stand you watch that the engine incidentally did not overturn.
If it is planned to make replacement of the engine by restored, remove with old all hinged units and external components and transfer them to the replaceable block. In number such, subject to shift, components enter (see the illustrations Scheme of an Arrangement of Hinged Units and Design of the Block of Cylinders):
- The generator with arms;
- The steering pump with arms;
- Components of systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases;
- Distributor, VV of a wire and spark plug;
- The thermostat with a casing cover;
- Perepuskna branch pipe / hose of the water pump;
- Components of system of injection of fuel;
- Inlet pipeline and final collector(s);
- Oil filter
- Support of a suspension bracket of the power unit;
- Flywheel / driving disk.
At removal from the old engine of external components try to remember characteristics of their installation. Fix landing provisions of laying, epiploons, remote rings and plugs, pins, arms, washers, bolts and other fine details in a notebook.
At the choice of the scheme with use of the reduced set of the block consisting of the block of cylinders with established in it by a bent shaft and conrod and piston groups remove from the old unit also a head of cylinders, the pallet of a case and the oil pump (alternative versions of schemes of performance of capital repairs — see. Alternative versions of schemes of recovery repair of the engine).
When carrying out complete capital repairs of the old unit, make its dismantling and take all internal components. The optimum order of implementation of the procedure of dismantling of the engine is given below:
- Inlet pipeline and final collectors;
- Covers of heads of cylinders;
- GRM drive covers with bolts;
- The GRM drive (a gas-distributing belt with cogwheels);
- Assemblies of yokes and camshafts;
- Heads of cylinders;
- Water pump;
- Case pallet;
- Maslozabornik with the mesh filter;
- Forward cover / oil pump;
- Assembly of covers of radical bearings;
- Conrod and piston assemblies;
- Bent shaft and radical bearings.
Before starting dismantling of the engine, prepare the following materials, tools and details (see also Assembly order of the engine):
- Standard set of the metalwork tool;
- A set of cardboard or plastic containers / plastic bags for organized storage of small components;
- Scraper for cleaning of the interfaced surfaces;
- Vertical drill for removal of step wear in the top part of cylinders;
- Stripper for dismantle of a damper of tortional fluctuations;
- Set of micrometers;
- Telescopic nutromer;
- Dial measuring instrument of plunger type (DTI);
- The tool for compression of valvate springs;
- Hon for processing of mirrors of cylinders;
- The tool for a clearing of flutes under installation of piston rings;
- Electric drill;
- Set of taps and lerok;
- Wire brushes;
- Cylindrical brushes for a clearing of oil galleries;